|Surrender To The Romance
Sensual Seychelles has long been dubbed the ‘islands of love’. Home to the unique Vallée de Mai, purported by many to be the site of the original Garden of Eden, it is little wonder that lovers are inspired to take their vows and wed in this gentle and romantic atmosphere.
Marriage and honeymoon packages are offered to ensure that your wedding day or honeymoon will be as blissfully romantic and unique as you, in your
wildest dreams, can conjure, allowing the memories of those special days to become forever emblazoned in your hearts. Whether in Seychelles for a wedding or honeymoon,make a rendezvous with destiny and set your own stage for the most romantic days
of your life, alongside crystal clear waters fringed by silver-soft sands.
Make a rendez-vous with destiny and exchange your wedding vows amid the breathtaking and naturally seductive ambience of the islands of love. Whether in the beautiful grounds of your hotel, beneath swaying palms by the beach, on a yacht heading into a magical sunset, or on one of our several enchanting island getaways, youwill be spoilt for choice when it comes to venues of heart-stopping beauty. Share your celebration with your family and friends by having them present to witness your union. Or, if you prefer total intimacy, then say ‘Ido’ in splendid solitude, just the two of you.
REQUIREMENTS AND PROCEDURES FOR CIVIL MARRIAGE IN THE SEYCHELLES
The following documents are to be produced:
1. Passports and Birth Certificates
2. Document to show that there is no impediment to marriage or lawful hindrance. If this cannot be obtained an affidavit has to be signed after a solemn declaration has been made to that effect.
3. Divorce papers (decree nisi absolute) if applicable
4. Previous marriage certificate and death certificate, if widowed.
All foreign documents that is documents not in English or French are to be officially translated.
French Nationals: French law requires that French Nationals wishing to marry outside their country of domicile follow certain procedures. For more details please contact the French Embassy in Seychelles before the civil wedding.
German Nationals and Swiss Nationals need to affix 'Apostille' stamp on the reverse of original marriage certificate.
There are no nationality obligation to be fulfilled.
Obligatory Stay: It is obligatory and a prerequisite of local laws that the couple to be married, stay at least 3 days in the Seychelles before their marriage.
- Anyone who wants to get married must be 18 years old or older.
- The law requires at least eleven days notice to publish the banns before a marriage can be celebrated.
- Special license fees are imposed when bookings are requested outside the recommended booking dates.
- Couples wishing to get married in Seychelles should contact the Central Civil Status Office in Victoria ideally 6 weeks or more prior to arrival at the below address to make arrangements to submit the above mentioned documents.
Weddings are not performed in public places but may take place in the hotel of the client’s choice. For reservations and arrangements please contact the hotel directly.
- Weddings at the Civil Status Office are performed by appointment - week days only at the Registrar's office in Victoria, free of charge, in the presence of two witnesses over 18 years of age, chosen by the couple.
- Weddings held on Saturdays, Sundays or Public Holidays will be charged for but cannot be held in the office of the Registrar.
Religious Ceremonies: 3 months notice of marriage required. The parties must contract a civil marriage prior to the religious ceremony. Any day except Sundays, feast days and during lent. No charge for church weddings, however donations are gratefully received. 2 months in advance contact of the parish priest in the couples place of domicile.
Each partner must provide an affidavit to the effect that he/she is not divorced, with a former partner still alive.
Religious mixed marriages require a letter from the parish priest to certify the persons have received permission from the Bishop. The priest of the denomination of either partner may participate in the ceremony. Holy communion is recommended for catholic couples but cannot be shared by a non-Catholic partner. The couple need to be counselled at least twice by the priest, and at least three days prior to the wedding ceremony. The church is the normal venue for the blessing of marriages.
Address of The Seychelles Civil Status Office
Independance House, P.O. BOX 1389
VICTORIA - MAHE - SEYCHELLES
TEL: +248 4383000 FAX: +248 4225660
Address of The French Embassy In Seychelles
LA CIOTAT Building - MONT FLEURI
VICTORIA - MAHE - SEYCHELLES
TEL: +248 4382500 FAX: +248 3482510